As part of an effort to educate (and evangelize) my colleagues about new and social media, I am developing a list of resources entitled New Media 101. This list will not be tool focused as I believe firmly that new media is about relationships and the collaboration and engagement they empower. I want to have a small list of blogs, videos, books, podcasts, slideshare presentations etc. that speak to the heart of what new media is about and that have the power to make people reconsider what they know and the decisions they make.
At the recommendation of Chris Dorobek of Federal News Radio, I am now reading What Would Google Do? by Jeff Jarvis. Interacting and networking to get feedback, ideas and input is the core theme of the book. In that spirit, I would like to reach out and get some help. Below are few resources to get this started, please comment, add, discuss and criticize – your input is tremendously appreciated.
• Groundswell: Charlene Li & Josh Bernoff
• What Would Google Do?: Jeff Jarvis
• Here Comes Everybody: Clay Shirky
• The Cluetrain Manifesto: The End of Business as Usual: Christopher Locke, Rick Levine, Doc Searls, David Weinberger
• Web Strategy by Jeremiah: Jeremiah Owyang