Transparency Advocates React to U.S. Open Government Action Plan (by techPresident)
- “President Barack Obama on Tuesday led the public unveiling of national open government action plans from the eight countries participating in the Open Government Partnership, a multilateral coalition on openness and transparency.”
- Find out what some advocates have said about it.
September 2011 Municipal Cost Index Released (by American City & County)
- Find out if the costs of goods and services purchased by local governments went up or down since last month.
August 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings (by comScore)
- “comScore, Inc. … released data from the comScore Video Metrix service showing that 180 million U.S. Internet users watched online video content in August for an average of 18 hours per viewer. The total U.S. Internet audience engaged in a record 6.9 billion viewing sessions.”
- More data here…
NY Governor launches transparency website (by CivSource)
- Find out how the Governor is trying to interact more with citizens.
A similar version of this was originally posted at the IT company that I work for’s product blog (Disclosure: the product deals w/ transparency, gov’t, & technology and our company works with government in multiple ways to help them with gov 2.0 and related technologies)