I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- Exploring how digital technology can support young people to engage socially and economically in their communities : Tim’s Blog – Tim is “launching an open research project to find key messages for youth-focussed digital innovation”
- A manifesto for teaching computer science in the 21st century – John Naughton tells Michael Gove what’s needed.
- Knowledge Hub architects defend switchover as lever is thrown. – “The architects of the new local government Knowledge Hub, an online platform for exchange of ideas between council officers, politicians and the public, have defended the switchover from its predecessor Communities of Practice (CoPs) after criticism from some users.”
- Bring your own device to be piloted at Cambridgeshire council – “Four week trial will initially be restricted to Android and Apple operating systems”
- The Emerging Government App Store: IT Public Procurement Nirvana? – “Over the last couple of weeks I have had numerous conversations with government executives and IT leaders about cloud computing, open source, shared services, software reuse. These are all different perspectives on IT sourcing, and they are often made problematic by clumsy public procurement procedures.”
You can find all my bookmarks on Pinboard.