Posts Tagged: new hire

How to Accelerate New Employee Productivity

How to Accelerate New Employee Productivity Accelerating a new employee’s productivity rate is a goal that every agency strives to achieve. The onboarding process involves many time consuming elements. Everything from preparing new-hire paperwork, to ensuring equipment is ready on time, and reducing the onboarding cycle from days to minutes can help your agency saveRead… Read more »

10 Days Out to Next Gen Summit – Last Chance to Register, Win, & Volunteer

Can’t believe we are only 10 days out from our 2nd annual GovLoop/YGL Next Generation of Government Summit. Behind the scene, we’ve been cranking away on everything from brainstorming an awesome ideation game with IDEO, coordinating our Funniest Fed comedic performance, studying which bean bag chairs to bring in, getting written up in Governing magazine,Read… Read more »

The Federal Coach: Recently Promoted? How to Get Trust and Respect for Your New Role

This week’s question comes from a federal manager who was promoted to a management position after the previous manager was terminated. She shared, “Although I didn’t know in advance of the termination, I was accused in a managers meeting of getting him fired. Some staff are supportive. Others are distrustful. I understand that respect andRead… Read more »

New Hire Tips on Being Social

New job means new work friends and a larger network. Sometimes finding the right networking events can seem daunting, but lucky for you…you have made an important step in the right direction by being on GovLoop! There are many different opportunities in many different areas of the globe….here are a few places to start: 1)Read… Read more »

Large Company External Hires Come From Networking and Job Boards

CareerXroads has released their 10th annual Source of Hire study. The study surveys large companies to see where they find their new employees. The Source of Hire study surveys 36 large U.S. companies with over 1.3 million employees. These companies hired over 130,000 job seekers in 2010. For the firms in the study the numberRead… Read more »