Posts Tagged: X

Youth Is Different Now: How 20 Is the New 30, and what that Means for Millennials, Xers, and Boomers

This article is neither rebuttal nor follow-up of Cathryn Sloan’s “Why Every Social Media Manager Should Be Under 25,” but an investigation into the question “are today’s young professionals different than those entering the workforce 20 years ago.” For the past decade, at least, Americans have been subject to variations of “40 is the newRead… Read more »

Part 1:Generational Diversity in Government – What’s Your Generation Thinking?

We’ve all been hearing a lot lately about generations and the generational divide, the generational gap, multi generational conflict in the workplace – some see it as a huge issue, some see it as a small issue, and some don’t see it as an issue at all – yet it is an issue. If theRead… Read more »

“Gentoring” ™: Barriers to Bridging the Generational-Digital Divide – Traditionals and Boomer ‘Hot Buttons’” – Part III

In the aftermath of a recent “Bridging Generational Communication” workshop with a major DC utility, I coined two new concepts – “Gentor” ™ and “Gentoring” ™. (My Webmaster frequently notes how Spell-check is not impressed by my wordsmith proclivities!) And a showcase essay, “Gentoring” ™: Building a New Mentoring Role for Bridging the Generational-Digital DivideRead… Read more »

9 Rules of the Road for Reaching Millennials

Yesterday, I posted a slide deck about “Social Media: Time Saver or Sucker?” from my talk at a National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) professional development event. Well, I was busy at the event and also presented on marketing and leading Millennials. Below is that deck: 9 Rules of the Road to Reach Millennials ViewRead… Read more »

Want to Find Peace from Generational Conflict? Complement and Learn

Thank you to HR Guru Kathleen Smith, who brought this post to our attention! It’s a guest post on SmartBlog on Workforce by Larry and Meagan Johnson, a father-daughter team behind Johnson Training Group, whose clients include several government agencies, American Express, Harley-Davidson, Nordstrom, Dairy Queen. They are co-authors of “Generations, Inc.: From Boomers toRead… Read more »

Mobile Banking: Reaching the Next 3 Billion

Street-level innovations in mobile money are sparking advanced, mobile banking business plans… a catalyst for providers of banking and telecommunications to reach the remaining 3-or-so billion humans who don’t own a mobile phone (1 in 2 of us, roughly). The personal, convenient nature of mobile phones – which, according to Jan Chipchase, Nokia’s chief usabilityRead… Read more »