Posts Tagged: barcamp

Limits of Unconferences for Gov 2.0: What Next?

crossposted from adrielhampton.com Gov 2.0, in my advocacy, is use of emerging technologies to promote a more transparent, efficient and collaborative government. Gov 2.0, in its co-creations by citizens, bureaucrats and entrepreneurs, represents a dramatic remaking of traditional governance power structures through information sharing, low-cost and open source tools, and increased participation. As a massRead… Read more »

Rocky Mountain Gov 2.0 Camp

Today Scott Primeau and I are happy to announce that the first Rocky Mountain Gov 2.0 Camp in June 2010. Government 2.0 Camp is a participant driven and group organized unconference about government’s use of social media tools and Web 2.0 technologies. This camp will bring together government leaders, policy makers, scholars, students, contractors, andRead… Read more »

You are invited to CrisisCamp Ignite Session at The World Bank on Friday, June 12, 2009!

You are invited to CrisisCamp crisiscamp.com Ignite Session at The World Bank! CrisisCamp Ignite Session will be held on Friday, June 12, 2009 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. This event will be conducted as an Ignite session – 20 presentations, 5 minutes a piece. Wine and cheese will be provided by our hosts at the WorldRead… Read more »

Government 2.0 Camp Minimalist Recap

Here is the long short, or should I say short long? IT WAS AWESOME. I met many awesome people doing awesome things. I learned a bunch, thought about a bunch more. Connected with people who I knew but had never met. Met people who I should connect with, but never knew. Thought of new thingsRead… Read more »

Attending Transparency Camp or Gov’t 2.0 Camp? Watch this video first!

Attending an unconference like Transparency camp or Gov’t 2.0 Camp? They will be unlike other conferences. They’re called “unconferences” because the format is really different. You won’t be coming to sit while others lecture, occasionally asking questions. Rather, you’re expected to participate and share. Even if all you “know” is the questions you have toRead… Read more »

The Building Industry Meets Web 2.0 at Be2Camp

How can the building industry use Web 2.0 tools to enhance delivery of services and better integrate new concepts like sustainability? These are some of the questions and issues that will be discussed at the upcoming barcamp, Be2Camp, to be held at The Building Centre on Store Street in London on Oct. 10, 2008. ThisRead… Read more »