Posts Tagged: Director

Pentagon, DNI Report $4B Intell Spending Downturn

Government data indicates that sequestration has trimmed budget for intelligence programs from $72 billion to $68 billion during the past fiscal year, Fierce Government reported Wednesday. Ryan McDermott writes the data from the Defense Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not explain how the $4 billion in cuts were made.Read… Read more »

Director of Facilities and Fleet Management – Now Recruiting!

ARAPAHOE COUNTY 5334 S. Prince Street Littleton, CO 80120 http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Jobs/HumanResources Invites Applications for the Position of: DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES AND FLEET MANAGEMENT An Equal Opportunity Employer SALARY $8,333.33 – $9,583.33 Monthly $100,000.00 – $115,000.00 Annually DEADLINE 02/18/13 DESCRIPTION Salary may be negotiable depending experience and qualifications. The Director of the Facilities and Fleet Management (FFM)Read… Read more »

If I had the top hat of my organization, my plan of action would be…

For many years, before my public servant days, i was a civilian looking into the government’s operations and hating every darn minute of it! I enjoyed finding flaws in every process level that, when I think about it now, it seems so evil of me. Today, I am a public servant. And I have enjoyedRead… Read more »

Armstead’s Experience Helps Guide Big GWACs

Mary Armstead, Program Director for the NIH Information Technology and Assessment Center (NITAAC) at the National Institutes of Health, has been a Fed for 38 years. But that doesn’t mean she’s become jaded or cynical – quite the opposite. She’s enthusiastic about her job and works hard to mentor people with less experience or whoRead… Read more »

The “New Media Director” Position is Just a Means to an End

This post originally appeared on my external blog, “Social Media Strategery.” In 2010, the position of “New Media Director” within the government has become almost commonplace. From governors to senators to Departments and Agencies, now you can attend a GovUp and leave with more than a dozen business cards, all containing the title of NewRead… Read more »

Friday’s Food for Thought: Knowledge is Power; ODNI’s BRIDGE Program and More

Welcome once again to the Friday’s Food for Thought post. We hope everyone had a productive work week and are gearing up for a relaxing weekend. And, we are deep into vacation season. So, if you are taking some well-needed time off, we hope you enjoy it! Today’s post is about “Knowledge is Power.” WhatRead… Read more »

PODCAST: Michael Brown, Former FEMA Director, Discusses Cyber Security

Following is an exclusive podcast with Michael Brown, former Director of FEMA, on the ITAC Identity Blog. Mr. Brown is an expert on cyber security and provides excellent insights into what our nation can do to better protect itself in this new era of cyber warfare. Click here to listen to the podcast.