Posts Tagged: Quality

Who Needs Process Improvement?

Process improvement can be difficult to implement in organizations where business has been performed the same way for a long period of time. Illustrating simple every changes that we make in our every day lives where we are improving process informally can sparking the discussion on how things can be different.

How to Embed Quality Into Your Agency’s Culture

Quality was all the rage in the federal government’s ranks in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The emphasis on quality, however, never really died out in private industry, largely because they quantified its benefits for business. A recent study concludes: “A company with a highly developed culture of quality spends, on average, $350 millionRead… Read more »

Sequestration Impacts on Federal Project Management

I’ve been researching how the US Federal budget sequester continues to impact Federal programs and projects (1). In interviews with Federal contractors I’ve heard repeatedly how sequester-driven budget reductions continue a trend to forcing quality levels and rates downward. These impacts are in addition to outright cancellations and delays in Federal project work. Especially worrisomeRead… Read more »

Yearning for a Quality Web Experience

Http://LeonardSipes.Com Holly Finn from The Wall Street Journal writes about Humanizing the Web where she addresses deeper meanings from the online experience. The Internet is blazingly fast with people who run madly from page to page; skimming and not reading. The pace is tiring and the online experience becomes less than satisfying. We yearn forRead… Read more »

Four Lessons Learned From Implementing Forest Service’s Lauded eMNEPA Program

USFS Program Selected by Presidents Council on Environmental Quality as a Pilot Program to Help Modernize and Reinvigorate NEPA The President’s Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) announced August 31st that the Electronic Management of NEPA (eMNEPA) program at the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) has been selected for the NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) Pilot Program,Read… Read more »

Finger Pointers Need to Look in the Mirror

How many times have we been in situations where we think, “if this person would just . . .” It doesn’t matter if it is a coworker or a spouse we know the issue at hand could be easily addressed if the other party would just do something different. Our frustration rises as we lookRead… Read more »

A solution to “not enough time”

Rachael Happe, groundbreaking co-founder of The Community Roundtable, has just written an incredibly important post entitled, Communities – The New Strategic Imperative. I urge you to read and consider it. Some managers and executives I know have expressed what I’ll characterize as desperation at the speed at which things are running, and the fact thatRead… Read more »