Search Results for: tablets

Tablets vs. PCs- Will Tablets Take Over?

According to a new report from the International Data Corporation Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker, tablet shipments are expected to grow 58.7% year over year and reach nearly 230 million units in 2013, up from 144.5 million units last year. They are predicting that IDC tablet shipments will exceed those of portable PCs this year, givenRead… Read more »

Gender-based Tablets? Meet “ePad Femme”

It was bound to happen sooner or later. That is, private sector companies marketing the latest tablets to consumers based on their sex — it could be a money maker, never know? World’s First Tablet for Women According to Mashable: “Don’t worry, ladies. There’s finally an easy-to-use tablet just for us. It’s called the ePadRead… Read more »

Android 4.2.2 may be out soon, 200M want Windows tablets and more

By RyanKamauff Here are the top mobile news and stories of the day. Android 4.2.2 could roll out this month – Rumors have it the next iteration of Android will be rolling out shortly. Android 4.2.2 is said to have improved Bluetooth connections among others. Via Phandroid, more here. Google’s Big Potential Problem: The ‘Galaxy’Read… Read more »

Community Blog

Filed under: Uncategorized

Firefox for Tablets updated, Flipboard hits 3B flips and more

Firefox is a great alternative browser for the mobile device of your choice Here is the top tech news and stories for Tuesday (sorry about the delay). Firefox for Tablets updated with speed and power – one of the top mobile browsers is Firefox. Their latest update mirrors the most recent smartphone update. Unlike manyRead… Read more »

Community Blog

Invincea in the news: Tasked by DARPA to create secure android smartphones and tablets.

As a member of the Invincea advisory board I’ve been privileged to get periodic glimpses into virtuous technologies and mission-focused leadership at this very virtuous/positive firm. Their core focus has been in bringing innovative security to organizations through their breach prevention platform. The domain expertise they have built in this area has enabled the deliveryRead… Read more »

Community Blog

Keep taking the tablets

Ok, I admit it, I bought an iPad. iPad – also an excuse to show a photo of my dog, Wyn It’s a third generation, or “new iPad”, as Apple insist on referring to it. I was one of the many thousands world-wide who bought the latest shiny thing, the first day it was available:Read… Read more »

#mLearnCon: The Use of Tablets in the Future of mLearning

mLearnCon is coming up next week! June 21-23, we’ll be doing some intensive deep dives into how mobile devices can (and are) transforming learning across a lot of domains (corporate, government, medical, military, academia, edu, etc). I’m going to (try to) give you a sneak preview of what’s happening on the mLearning Future Zone stageRead… Read more »

A look at three 7 inch Android Tablets

I’ve been checking out a few Android tablets lately. All three use ARM based processors and run Android 2.x. The Barnes and Noble Nook Color runs a skinned over version of Android 2.1, while the Stream TV Elocity A7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab run Android 2.2. All have 7″ capacitive touch screens, however they areRead… Read more »

Community Blog

Filed under: Tech

Apple vs. Android, iPad vs. Android Tablets

About a month ago I decided to renew my contract with AT&T and upgrade to the iPhone 4 after much loud and vocal discontent with both AT&T and the speed of my iPhone 3g after one of the OS updates. I have two key reasons why I decided to continue with Apple at this pointRead… Read more »

Community Blog

Filed under: Tech

Tags:

Technology Can Promote DEI in Prisons

Despite recent progress with diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, one largely minority demographic — the incarcerated — lags behind. Prioritizing DEI principles in prisons starts by equipping incarcerated individuals for success as soon as they enter a facility.