Search Results for: twitter

Government Women You Should Follow on Twitter (State & Local Edition)

Last week, we listed 10 female feds that you should definitely follow on social media. But now your Twitter feed could probably use a little state and local government love, right? Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. Here are my top ten suggestions for state and local female leaders, plus one organization, to follow onRead… Read more »

10 Government Women You Should Follow on Twitter (Federal Edition)

The federal government is filled with awe-inspiring female public servants. But with so many women doing so many awesome things, how do you keep track of all those accomplishments? While I read a number of newsletters and check multiple websites daily, I find that the easiest way to stay keyed into women in government is through Twitter. ByRead… Read more »

How to Engage an Audience on Twitter

Social media is a great way to interact with others, exchange information and get your ideas and products out to a larger and broader audience. However, social media demands that those on it are social—engagement is key to a successful social media presence. It can be difficult to know how to engage and when to… Read more »

Twitter Chat 101: Hosting as a Government Agency

Twitter chats certainly aren’t the newest concept, but their popularity has been steadily growing over the past few years. As their popularity grows, companies, organizations and now government agencies are beginning to get in on the fun. But to run your own Twitter chat, you have to know how. And while there is a plethora… Read more »

Beyond Facebook and Twitter – How Government Organizations Leverage Other Social Platforms Effectively

As detailed in the recent announcement from Center for The Business of Government Executive Director, Dan Chenok, I am happy to be starting my work with the Center as Innovation and Social Media Fellow.  I plan to explore innovation, social media, and the intersection of the two as government’s look to better achieve their missions andRead… Read more »

Top Takeaways from Some of the Best Fed Twitter Feeds

Continuing my review of federal agency/department use of social media, this week I’m looking at Twitter (missed the Facebook review last week? Check it out here). After reviewing more than 100 Twitter feeds, I learned a lot. Some agencies tweet too much. I know a lot of that is personal preference, but I find itRead… Read more »