GovLoop - Knowledge Network for Government

Millennial Monday: What is Your Work Resolution for 2013?

Lose weight and get fit. Quit smoking. Learn something new. Eat healthier and diet. Get out of debt and save money. 

Sound familiar? According to Time.com these are the top 5 commonly broken New Years Resolutions.

What's interesting is that none of these resolutions have anything to do with the workplace. Does this mean we are more motivated to achieve our work resolutions, or does it mean that we don't make them? 

I am guilty - I didn't come up with a work resolution of my own, so I looked online for some help. Forbes published a cool article giving some tips on How To Be Better At Your Job in 2013. My favorite tip was "invest in continuous learning to stay on top of your game".

Do you have a work resolution for 2013? What is it? 

How are you planning on sticking to your resolution?

-----

Millennial Monday is a series by Young Government Leaders (YGL) that discusses leadership, management, and skills needed for the next generation of public servants. To get involved in YGL or learn more, please follow us on Twitterlike us on Facebookjoin us on LinkedIn, and/or check out our website

Tags: Millennial Monday, YGL, career, management, millennials, new years, resolution

Views: 118

Reply to This

© 2014   Created by GovLoop.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service