GovLoop - Knowledge Network for Government

The Recruitment Office is in the process of building our Google+ profile.

Is your agency using Google+? What do you see as the pros and cons of the newest addition to the social networking world?  

Tags: Google+, Gov 2.0, social networking

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know White House and NASA have pretty good pages.

To me, one of the pros is now Google+ is integrated into search results.  Another pro is that I think hangouts is an awesome mechanism to communicate with groups - celebrities and politicians are starting to use this capability

The con is that it is still new.  Is the audience there?  What do people want to use it for?  These are still questions

I've been working with a local Googler on setting up our page for the Social Media Club DC G+ page - Let me see if I can get her in here or at least provide some tips.

That would be great Elliot. Thanks.

Do you have an adjusted TOS agreement yet? Be careful about signing up for new social media products without checking on that first. GSA is in the process of getting a governmentwide TOS signed so we can add this to the apps.gov directory.

That said, I'm really looking forward to using it in the not-to-distant future. As I see it, the primary group of users are currently social media workers (writers, strategists, etc.) and tech types who have a lot of reach across their circles so try to tailor your content towards them and you should see more results.

I also think the potential of Hangouts could be useful.

RSS

© 2014   Created by GovLoop.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service