Twitter feeds for employees

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Twitter feeds for employees

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GovLoop GovLoop 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Tracey Babcock
    Tracey Babcock
    Participant

We’re thinking about launching a Twitter feed for employees, and I’m wondering if any other federal agencies use Twitter as an internal communications tool. If so, are the tweets open or protected?

Profile photo of GovLoop
    GovLoop
    Keymaster

I haven’t heard of it as an internal tool. But as you said lots of agencies use it and a large part of their audience is their own employees

Unfortunately, my agency doesn’t use social media at all to communicate/collaborate with employees. They are exclusively used to interact with external stakeholders. In fact, most social networks are still blocked from our government-furnished equipment. Most of us have learned to adapt and use our personally owned devices to access social networks. I’m a big user of Twitter, but many of my colleagues have not yet discovered the wealth of information available by this great aggregator of news feeds.

I still hold out hope that someday, our enlightened leadership will realize the value of social networks for interacting with perhaps an agency’s most important stakeholder – its employees. Until then, we depend on mavericks and outliers like yours truly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.