What Should We Do if the Federal Government Shuts Down?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What Should We Do if the Federal Government Shuts Down?

This topic contains 87 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Sterling Whitehead Sterling Whitehead 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    GovLoop
    Keymaster

So I’ve been getting emails all week about the potential federal government shutdown on March 7th from GovLoop members.

The cool part is GovLoop members seem to want to do something if a shutdown happens – I’ve heard ideas from a community service day, a rally, to a happy hour. Some also just want more information and have suggested a webinar on the topic to more infographs.

So I thought we should open it up -

What should we as a GovLoop community do if the government shuts down?

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

I’d like to find a way to use Gov 2.0 to fill gaps in services that the federal government can’t provide during a shutdown.

Allen Sheaprd
    Participant

WTD (what to do)

1) Use the free time for cheap fun. Go to a museaum. Walk. Take a day trip with friends.

2) Check out all the malls. Lake forrest mall in Rockvill or the ones in Tyson’s corner. DC has a great mall but its really just an open field ( LoL )

3) See some good movies like “L.A. Battlefield” on March 11th. A 1pm showtime is cheap.

4) Relax. “Fear is believing that what you can not see – nor touch – nor change is going to happen.

Faith is believing that what you can not see – nor touch – nor change is going to happen.”

5) Volunteer to help at a blood drive, church, etc. Do something to pass the time. This is a good time to try new things.

6) Update your resume.

7) Make doctor appointments. This is really true for those with little sick time.

8) Stay on GovLoop.

What not to do

1) Freak out and shut yourself in.

2) Spend hours at iHOP wondering what to do. iHOP is great but there is more.

3) Think or say “This will go on for ever” It will not

4) Do nothing. One will be back at work in a few weeks whishing they had done something.

Samuel A. Luks
    Participant

If my department were to close my office, I think I would take the time to get caught up on my current projects. Lets hope that it doesn’t come to it, but ya never know these days.

Maybe do some networking to expand my horizons. Not so much for a new job, but to gain insight to what others do across (the government in) other departments and specialties.

Eric Erickson
    Participant

The museums in DC will be closed. Updating your resume seems to be what they are encouraging people to do….

SteveWonder
    Participant
    Debra Farmer
    Participant

What about learning something new? Start now creating a “To Learn” list. Even if we aren’t shut down, you can still use this list!

Michelle
    Participant

I think we should organize a series of volunteer activities ahead of time (perhaps daily) that many employees can attend at once. We meet other govvies and we turn something ambiguous and stressful into something positive. Events can be hosted on GovLoop. What do you think?

Kevin Dubs
    Participant

I like it! Any specific ideas for activities? I’d be interested in anything besides rallying.

Michelle
    Participant

Yeah – I’m going to look into some park clean-up options. If we can find a few organizers, we can have a few different options. Do you have any ideas, Kevin?

Susan Fairchild
    Participant

Michelle, this was my take on the free time afforded by a shut down as well! I am going to volunteer with meals on wheels…this is an activity that all us govvies can participate in. We can prepare, package, and deliver food. And visit with the folks that recieve the meals.

My husband and I did this one Thanksgiving, and we had a lot of fun, met some truly beautiful souls, and I believe, were the better for it.

Meals-on-Wheels is a program that lets older people stay in their own homes, keeps them in thier social circles and extends the ability to function independently for a longer period of time. Many of these folks would be needing additional social services, and those funds are drying up.

Allen Sheaprd
    Participant

Hi. The volunteer options are endless. Almost endless. Well pretty darn long.

Its not doing work for free but trying something new for you.

1) Blood drive – we always need kind folks to help those donating. I suggest donating. For an advanced option: organize one.

2) Ask what needs to be done at your church or place of worship. Things needed range from social media to computer skills, helping out to gardening.

3) Stop by the city campground. They always need painting, repairs or want computer help

4) For those in scouting – stop by and see what they need.

5) Kids in school? Offer your time to the teacher or school. Caution – avoid the lunch room.

6) Local theater. From lighting to helping with the play. Plus you see the play for free.

7) Stop by museum or botanical garden – you’d be amazed at all the work behind the scenes.

Blog. Yes blog. Belive it or not our work here fits the volunteer definition.

Megan Price
    Keymaster

Go to http://www.volunteermatch.org to find available volunteer opportunities in the area. If you see something interesting in the DC metro area let me know; I’d like to help out too!

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Hey Susan – How did you make this happen? I’d love to help out

Susan Fairchild
    Participant

You can go to their website at:

http://www.mowaa.org

then look up the local MOW by each state and locality.

I’ve already called my local and they need help with delivery, with ‘drivers and runners’-one drives, the other takes the meal to the home, meal prep and packaging, and cleaning up.

And when we all go back to work they need help with food and money.

A couple of ideas:

-The grocery stores have 10 for $10 deals. You can put together some great meals for much less than $10.

-Those ‘rebate’ cash cards you get from changing phone companies, etc. Dont let them just gather cobwebs in your wallet. You can donate them.

-If you clean out your kitchen cupboards, check the exp. date on cans and boxes. Don’t donate food if it could be expired or possibly no longer viable. For instance, old bisquick makes biscuits that end up like Eric Staal’s hockey puck.

Michael Galang
    Participant

As we start the last week for our dear friends in Congress to either pass a budget or extend CR, we may also be looking at a close possibility of a furlough for federal employees. Therefore, I will be hosting an informal Furlough Friday Happy Hour at Redline in Penn Quarter.

We can either celebrate an imminent budget (CR ends at midnight) or appreciate that it’s Pay Day (depending on your direct deposit schedule) with the next one TBD.

Redline recently opened and is a luxury gastropub which includes personal table taps at some of the tables. Redline is located at 707 G Street NW, and you can view more info at http://www.dcredline.com. Feel free to spread the word to anyone who may be interested.

Come catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. I hope you will be able to join us!

P.S.- Be prepared for a possible Monday Shutdown Happy Hour if we’re told not to report, but you would want to come out to bond in community with fellow furloughed feds.

Michael Galang
    Participant

I set up a facebook and plancast if you guys want to join!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168279226554163

http://plancast.com/p/4414

Tam Walton
    Participant

Wow! After all this time I have been on this site I have never met anyone on here that I thought was being a jerk – until now. Thank you for being so insightful, encouraging and helpful. What makes you think we don’t feel America’s pain? Are we not the ones staffing the phone lines, making their medications, helping them keep their houses, and more? There are millions of us that would lose out all at one time. But there are the insightful ones like you that just make it all the better. The ones who think that because we are government workers we have the fat salaries and amazing benefits….as if we don’t pay the price for those benefits. The ones that think we’re all just lazy (even though the people I know work a crazy amount of work hours – including me). The ones that forget we have rent, mortgage, orthodontia payments, car, and community obligations, just like you. Our kids want to look forward to spring break, go to prom and get graduation gifts, just like yours. But no, because we choose to support the United States of America, day in and day out, there are no kind words or thoughts. No empathy for your fellow mankind. Your response to Steve’s inquiry is very sad and uninspiring for people who wish to remain positive and get through this without falling into depression. God bless you, because you really need to check yourself.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

@SteveWonder, was this comment aimed at a particular person or was it just advice in general?

Allen Sheaprd
    Participant

Updating the resume may not be bad. Helps one look back on how much they have done. It takes a good week to fill out 171 form.

I hope people are not let go.I do not see it happening.

Allen Sheaprd
    Participant

Steve,

Our time off will be temporary – not like 99’ers who have been out of work for 99 weeks.

The time off could be stressful and suck with out a plan. I respectfuly decline your option. Go for good times. Mardi Gras will be coming up.

To all those who do work. Who man the post. Who keep the lights on and still get the same pay! – thank you in advance.

Allen Sheaprd
    Participant

For the departmens that do not close – can they rotate who is off and who is working?

Share the pain ?

BTW – the time off is great for Dr. appointments without buring any sick time.

Carol Davison
    Participant

If I had anyplace I wanted to travel to I would do so now. Put in for leave, and if we are furloughed you get a no leave cost trip to Xistan. I was planning on going to Egypt (too risky) or Germany (too short a notice to find my long lost relatives/too cold. Any suggestions?

Peter Sperry
    Participant

I seriously doubt there will be a shut down but if you are looking for a place to travel, try Southern Spain. Start with Las Falles in Valencia (great street party with lots of fire works), then head into Andalusia to see Granada, Cordoba and Seville.

Big Picture Inc
    Participant

That’s a good idea

Big Picture Inc
    Participant

Hey @ Tam and @SteveWonder, I see your arguments and would like to humbly offer my perspective.

On one hand, it doesn’t seem fair to accuse government employees of being unaware or unsympathetic towards the unemployed; on the other hand, it also doesn’t seem fair to assume that the “non-government unemployed” have the same struggles as government employed. After all, there are millions of people in this country living below the poverty line who worry about basic needs and even safety on a daily basis.

I agree that it’s important to see the point of view of the unemployed, and I also agree that government employees aren’t always the high horse fat cats (two animal metaphors at once? yes!) they are often portrayed as. Thank you both for sharing your strong feelings – discourse on GovLoop is relentlessly polite, which is nice (but not a true representation of reality).

SteveWonder
    Participant
    Ed Albetski
    Participant

@ SteveWonder – You make insulting assumptions about folks you don’t know. I don’t get the feeling that Tam Walton feels that she is “way above the public she serves”, secretly or otherwise. And I’m a pretty sensitive guy. Really. I think I would have picked up on that.

After thirty years in the trenches of public service, I guess I just haven’t seen that many public employees who needed to get off their high horses. I’ve seen a few political appointees who could have stood to be knocked down a few pegs, but the wage earners? No. We have a lot more empathy for those in the private sector than you can imagine. How many of YOUR friends and relatives have lost THEIR jobs? I have folks in my own family, not that far from what would have been retirement, still out of work. And so do many folks here on GovLoop. And you have the temerity to say we have to get off our high horses? Can you see the ground from yours?

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

If we have a shutdown I’ll do like I did in the last two (yes, I’ve been around long enough to have weathered the previous shutdowns)…I’ll catch up on housework, my “hunny-do list”, knitting baby gifts for friends that are due soon and I start back to college on 14 March! I have plenty to do to keep me busy!

But my job as the Hazardous Material & Waste Manager will probably require me to at least make sure my base remains in compliance with all regulations, so I may end up having to go in to work once or twice. Who knows?

Tam Walton
    Participant

Looks like we’re still going to be working for two more weeks!! Senate Sends Stop Gap bill to POTUS

GovLoop
    Keymaster

This looks cool – Shutdown Startup – http://www.shutdownstartup.org/

GovLoop
    Keymaster

The Shutdown Startup

If we can’t service our country, we’ll serve our community

If the federal government shuts down in early March, thousands of passionate public servants won’t be able to do their jobs. But that doesn’t mean they can no longer serve. The Shutdown Startup aims to connect individuals affected by a shutdown to volunteer service opportunities, so they can channel their passion for service to help their communities. No one wants a shutdown. But if it happens, we can still have a positive impact on our country. The Shutdown Startup is a short term initiative powered by volunteers from the federal government, the non-profit sector, and you. For more information and to commit to service, please click here.

SteveWonder
    Participant

Thank you for your views, Mr. Ed.

There were no insults intended, but Ms. Tam’s “comments” on meeting her purely selfish, non-public benefitting needs, and the “check one’s head” was exclusively hers, and not from the public she must serve, and certainly wasnt complimentary in showing a chance to steadfastly and publicly be accountble for one’s actions.

I was just asking all parties to be less selfish–to me, good public servants serve the public’s needs before one’s selfish material ones.

Just watch the news at state capitols and make one’s own decision–I proudly see BOTH sides of the coins thrown. Thank you.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

@SteveWonder. I think your advice is correct. We govies should remember that we are viewed with distain, especially by the unemployed. I know. I was unemployed for a year at the beginning of the Great Recession. While I agree with your advice, the manner in which it was conveyed is another matter.

The following comment can easily be viewed as an attack: “Deal with it!/You’ll join the millions upon millions of non-government unemployed — and maybe feel their pain!”.

I see both sides of the argument here, but perhaps fewer exclamation points next time would likely get across your point. Exclamation points suggest yelling and possibly anger in online forums.

SteveWonder
    Participant
    Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

SteveWonder. Let me be clear: I agree with your general sentiment, but I think you went about it in the wrong way. I see how your original comment could be seen as an attack and insult.

Ed Albetski
    Participant

WOW! “”might have worked with a generation of untransparent, unoversighted, political patronage notions of service deliveries around both parties that is gradually being phased out by forceful modernization and rigorous accountability.”‘

Okay, Steve, I agree with Sterling. I won’t disagree with your sentiments about public workers not suffering the dangers hanging over the heads of private sector workers, but I think you could have stated them in a far more civil manner. No one here is the enemy and mutual respect is an important thing.

Other than the Defense Department, which is a world to itself, I worked the bulk of my career at a small statistical agency of around 500 very hardworking people. We worked overtime, on our own time, and canceled vacations to get our numbers out on deadline. I really have no idea what “illegalities” I might have seen; folks stealing pencils?

I am very proud to have been a part of my agency and proud to have known the people I worked with. And I am proud of the work I did.

Where have you worked in Government to give you such a terrible perception?

Shutdown Startup
    Participant

Unfortunately we can’t do that. It’s illegal to volunteer your services if you’re not “essentialized.” The law is at 31 U.S.C. s 1342, and the criminal penalty is at 31 U.S.C. s 1350. That’s why we’re looking for alternative avenues for service.

Bill Brantley
    Participant

Like other folks I am planning to volunteer but I would also like to advantage of the opportunity to meet some of the great thinkers on GovLoop. Come to College Park and spend an afternoon hanging out in some great restaurants and brainstorming together. Or there are plenty of places around DC and Virginia that would be perfect for an afternoon salon.

Ed Albetski
    Participant

Yes, in ’95 we wanted to do this (we had deadlines, which weren’t moving, shutdown or no), but were not allowed. They shutdown our servers. Without computer access to the data, we couldn’t even work from home. It’s wasn’t a “shutdown” so much as a lockout.

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

I was in the trenches with you in ’95, Ed. It wasn’t a fun time for any of us. Work had to be done and it just wasn’t ALLOWED.

You are correct…it was more like a LOCKOUT.

Alexandra Mims
    Participant

Hi all – my company (Centre Consulting) wrote a white paper about the potential shut down if anyone would like a copy. If you’re interested just send me a personal message and I would be happy to forward it to you.

Philippe Vermeulen
    Participant

I find it – as an European – very strange that government can be locked out (in a sense) in this way. The continuity of public servicing is a fundamental issue of public governance. How do you coop then? By making the deficit bigger by deficit spending?

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Well…looks like we are nearing the shutdown again. Still game?

Yvonne Clearwater
    Participant

Suggestions on: “What to do if the gov shuts down” -

+ With your rare off-the-gov-clock time, seek ways to make a positive differerence

+ Volunteer in your local community.

+ Go global in your awaress of opportunties to donate and contribute.

+ Increase your personal actions in mentoring youth.

+ Practice healthy lifestyle – and encourage those around you to do so.

+ Learn new stuff – and turn around and teach others.

+ Take the time to exercise and rebalance.

+ It’s Spring – go outside and plant flowers. Vegies. A tree.

+ Breathe. Help yourself and others.

Lisa Rein
    Participant

hi Yvonne. This is Lisa Rein from the Post. I love your positive thoughts-how can I reach you to follow up!?Thanks so much. Lisa–Reinl@washpost.com

Lisa Rein
    Participant

hi Michael! This is Lisa Rein from the Post. I’m doing a shutdown story and wonder–are you still having Shutdown happy hours at Redline–and is oneplanned for Fri?! How can I reach you? Thanks a million. I’m at Reinl@washpost.com. Or 202-831-3120

Alexandra Mims
    Participant

If anyone is looking for a place to find additional information,
    http://www.govshutdown.com was recently created by Centre as a comprehensive place for current information.

Also, as a free service to the contractor community (inside and outside of the Government), Centre is also offering a White Paper which contains background information, the legal guidance to follow in the event of a shutdown and practical information for contractors.

Angel Delgado
    Participant

”Go to a museum”? The Smithsonian’s were closed back in the 90’s when the government closed last.

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Ughh…this is looking more and more real. Do people think this is going to happen?

Peter Sperry
    Participant

As of this morning, it looks like we stay open for at least another week and DOD is funded for the rest of the fiscal year.

GovLoop
    Keymaster
    GovLoop
    Keymaster

On Monday night, GOP leaders said they were proposing a one-week extension of the current spending resolution that would avert a shutdown and include spending cuts, while also funding the Department of Defense for the rest of the fiscal year. The deal would also cut about $12 billion, House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers said in a statement.

Angel Delgado
    Participant

I say a happy hour on Friday, and a post shotdown early liquid lunch on Monday, just for the hell of it!!

Angel Delgado
    Participant

On Monday night, GOP leaders said they were proposing a one-week extension of the current spending resolution that would avert a shutdown and include spending cuts, while also funding the Department of Defense for the rest of the fiscal year. The deal would also cut about $12 billion, House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers said in a statement.

The new extension is “an option” for now, a senior House GOP leadership aide stressed, with no vote on it scheduled by the House. If negotiators come up with a broader agreement, the new House proposal could be amended, the aide said.

I would not count on it!

Michael Galang
    Participant

Come out on Friday to my Happy Hour, dubbed:

Furlough Friday Episode 6: The Undiscovered Country

The Passenger, 1021 7th Street Northwest, Washington, DC

Starting 5pm

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213509961993069

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Love the name…How’s Passenger?

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Ahh…I hope they don’t do another extension

Angel Delgado
    Participant

Well…just discovered some agencies are exempt from the “shutdown”, like those that their funding is “fee” based, in lieu of appropriated funds.

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Info from OMB/OPM

Federal agencies that would close or curtail services include:

• Internal Revenue Service: The IRS would stop processing tax refunds for returns filed on paper. Returns processed electronically would still generate refunds.
    • Small Business Administration: The SBA would not process applications for business loans.
    • Federal Housing Administration: A shutdown would stop FHA from making new loan guarantees.
    • National Parks: National Parks would close
    • Cherry Blossom Parade: A shutdown in the next few days would cancel the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, which is scheduled for April 9.
    Kevin Dubs
    Participant

Hi Angel, would this include GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service?

Angel Delgado
    Participant

Not sure, as I know you are FFS also. But your fees come from other agencies, ours comes from the public (immigrants and businesses).

Heather Coleman
    Participant

I like this idea. Also for those in the DC area, it sounds like DC will be in great need for services with a Federal government shut down. We should do something constructive…maybe with signs/shirts “govies for hire”

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Being an “old” feddie with 27+ years and having been through the past shutdowns I hope it doesn’t come to pass…BUT…if it does I will be home working on classwork for the college class I am currently taking online, catching up on knitting and trying to stay positive!

Brian K Seitz
    Participant

A modest proposal:

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is push to require Congress to be sequestered inside the Capital building. No recesses or breaks until a budget, not a stopgap bill, is passed. Send in cheese sandwiches –made from all the surplus cheese—and coffee for every meal (after all it is a budget crisis) until the job is done. It will be assumed that any member of Congress that leaves has given his/her resignation. I believe after a week eating Cheese Sandwiches and sleeping on the Capital floor they’ll be more motivated to get the job done. Just an idea :-)

Seriously, I think not only government employees, but, citizens as a whole need to make it too hot for our Government Leaders not to get the budget job done now and in a timely manner from now on.

Lisa Roper
    Participant

We should all keep in touch using GovLoop!! That is what my co-workers and I plan to do. We will not be allowed to use government computers to communicate, so GovLoop is the answer!

Lisa Roper
    Participant

Great idea! I can’t help but wonder what kind of performance rating I would get if I wasn’t doing my job…..she ponders….

Dan Mered
    Participant

I like your positive attitude. I would add to your “to do” list:

9) Start a small business that you can do from home (tons of them) to supplement your income incase the furlough lasts longer than expected.

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

I totally agree but I think they should be given MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) like the military and water, park a couple of Port-A-Potty’s inside and lock the doors from the outside! Then tell them they can’t come out until they send out a budget! No more time off, no more going home, no more ditzing around!

I’m in full agreement with your comment…make it too hot for them and make them do their job…stop all the posturing and get the media OUT!

Angel Delgado
    Participant

I like the MRE idea, and have them sleep outside in sleeping bags, just like our troops are doing right now. Let’s see how long that lasts.

Margarida C Masden
    Participant

Dan,

This is a great idea in starting a small business from home. Do you know of any websites that I can find these businesses from?

Brian K Seitz
    Participant

Making It on Your Own: Surviving and Thriving on the Ups and Downs of Being Your Own Boss by Ed and Sara Edwards is the classic in this field

Margarida C Masden
    Participant

Thanks & have a great day!

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

LIVE briefing right now http://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

David G. Smith
    Participant

I doubt it means anything.

Obama has already stated outright that he would reject any temporary extension, unless there was a permanent fix for the remainder of the year agreed to by the Senate and House and on its’ way through the system.

ResultsPronto
    Participant

Apply for unemployment, ASAP. You will not be counted among the unemployed if you don’t, and politicians care more about that number, than any budget number, or program value. Not to mention, you may really need the money.

The state of Maryland is bracing for the onslaught of Fed unemployment applications, and set up a website to provide special instructions for furloughed Feds.

http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/uifedshutdown.shtml

DLLR’s Division of Unemployment Insurance

Potential Federal Shutdown – Unemployment Insurance Procedures – Unemployment Insurance Benefits

The Division of Unemployment Insurance is currently developing special claim filing procedures if there is shutdown of federal government operations. The website will be updated as soon as additional information is available, but no later than Friday afternoon, April 8, 2011.

GovLoop
    Keymaster

I’m speaking at a conference on Monday and folks are already warning that probably can’t speak cause of the shutdown

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Cool that they are streaming live

Marco Morales
    Participant

Go to Dominoes Pizza and ask for a temporary delivery permit – sometimes the tips are pretty good on Fridays and weekends esp. when there are high viz sporting events like the Master’s Golf Tourney or NASCAR… I also hear that UPS could use some part-time help.

I’ll tell you want I don’t want to do. I don’t want to get mad and protest. I don’t want to get even and threaten to put DC’s trash in anyone’s yard.

I just want to tell my story. Public Service Appreciation week is coming up. Let’s prepare.

I Got Furlough Fever and the Only Prescription is….

GovLoop
    Keymaster

Here’s a great idea – let’s make short videos on why we serve for the Partnership video contest – check out the blog and comment – what do you think? http://www.govloop.com/profiles/blogs/i-got-furlough-fever-and-the

GovLoop
    Keymaster

who’s up for growing furlough beards???

GovLoop
    Keymaster

From Shutdown Startup

Urgent need: Help Greater DC Cares prepare for Servathon! Greater DC Cares relies on Americorps during the week prior to Servathon. If government is shut down, Greater DC Cares will be severely handicapped, which threatens the success of the community service event after a year of planning. Help ensure the success of the 20th annual Servathon, and contact Billy Fettweis (wfettweis@greaterdccares.org) for more info.

Kassandra Hardy
    Participant

All federal employees should rally together to clean up there communities for Earth Day!

steve davies
    Participant

This is not something that happens in Australia so I find it quite alien. So from the perspective of an outsider I suggest starting to put together ideas around the question of whether shutting down gov should be part of the Gov 2.0 landscape.

I don’t think it should be and surely we can explore alternatives. After all don’t impasses of this nature suggest a failure of politics? And why should citizens and public servants pay for that?

Greg Meinert
    Participant

I put together a site called ‘Fine-YouDoIt.com‘. Govlooper’s can go and post the things that they will need citizens to be doing for the country over the next few weeks.

So post some stuff and show people what the “government” does for them everyday.

Terry
    Participant

In a furlough you do not get paid, and you have no life or health benefits, right? During the 27 days of the last furlough, some people were hard pressed to make ends meet- a 2nd job was not too hard to find then. Where is the “How to survive a furlough in bad econimic times” page?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.