GovLoop - Knowledge Network for Government

I have been working with at-risk youth for the past 20 years and the past 9 in a detention facility. In December I will be receiving my Masters Degree in Public Administration. How do/can I transition my self into the public sector with my previous exerience and education? I also have a under grad degree in Urban Studies.

Views: 23

Tags: career


You need to be a member of GovLoop - Knowledge Network for Government to add comments!

Join GovLoop - Knowledge Network for Government

Comment by GovLoop on November 12, 2012 at 10:58am

Good question.

We have a # of career resources and resume resources to check out:

But even grander than that - public sector is huge and wildly different types of jobs from grants to TSA screener to IT to working in places like detention facility.

So I'd start with focusing on what agencies looking for & what types of jobs specifically based on your background (w/ MPA could be more budget/wonky or with detention experience maybe looking for more like CBP border patrol agent)

© 2014   Created by GovLoop.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service