With government conferences being cut and training getting trimmed, GovLoop is proud to present a new guide titled, “Building Better Conferences and Training: The Value of Virtual Events in Government,” which we created in tandem with the new Government Virtual Engagements Community of Practice. We know that many government organizations are making the move from in-person to online events and training, and wanted to offer a resource that highlights agencies that are already running down that road and shares concrete lessons and practical steps you can take to do the same.
Specifically, this guide:
- Reveals survey results of 335 public sector professionals, demonstrating how they perceive virtual events and training to be familiar, valuable, flexible and inevitable (see the accompanying charts within for details).
- Highlights 4 government case studies: Learn how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Defense, the Federal Highway Administration, and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management have engaged in pilots and projects that have achieved noteworthy results.
- Shares the subject matter expertise of 5 industry experts that build on decades of combined experience to highlight dozens of tips and considerations as well as casting a vision for the future of learning.
- Offers 10 specific steps that you can take to get started, including suggestions like creating an audience profile, conducting an asset audit to see what traditional content can be converted for online engagement and considering at the outset how you will sustain learning after the event is over.
Everyone from Chief Learning Officers to training managers and supervisors responsible for developing personnel should find the contents in this guide to be timely and valuable.
SPECIAL INVITATION 1: You are cordially invited to join the Government Virtual Engagements Community of Practice to engage in ongoing dialogue about virtual events and training in government.
SPECIAL INVITATION 2: Please join us for a free online training on Thursday, August 8, entitled, “How to Transform Traditional Conferences and Training for Government.” REGISTER HERE.
What are the latest developments in your organization around virtual conferences and training?
How else can we support you in the move from in-person to online events?
Please share your insights and feedback below.
We also want to offer a special thanks to the sponsors of this report:
As the pioneer of intuitive and immersive virtual technology, 6Connex enables agencies to increase productivity by connecting and collaborating with citizens, stakeholders and colleagues anytime, anywhere. From initial strategic planning, design, and promotion to training, technical support, and analytics, 6Connex helps ensure your virtual solution aligns to your objectives, audiences, and budget.
Adobe delivers solutions that help government agencies make, manage, mobilize, and measure the information and experiences needed to achieve their missions. Whether it’s for content creation and management, more secure business workflows, easy-to-develop forms, robust analytics, or intuitive collaboration and eLearning, today’s agencies rely on Adobe Digital Government solutions.
From improving workforce efficiency to enhancing citizen service delivery, Cisco Unified Communications solutions transform government organizations. Cisco’s voice, video and data networks help to create a mobile, inclusive, and resilient government workforce, enable people to collaborate anywhere, anytime and improve the citizen experience and save taxpayer dollars.
FuzeBox offers reliable, pixel perfect, hi-definition meetings and video conferencing solutions that are compatible with any device, from anywhere in the world. Their suite of secure, scalable and cost-effective communication tools are designed for businesses of all sizes and can be fully integrated into existing business enterprise tools and applications. Products include Fuze Meeting, Fuze Meeting with Telepresence and Fuze Webinar.
ON24 is leading the transformation of virtual communications with cloud-based webcasting and virtual environments that drive outstanding results for companies of every size and in every category. Our industry-leading platform helps organizations to communicate with employees, clients, prospects and partners with measurable and greater impact.
Federal, state and local government agencies trust Vidyo for high quality, accessible and secure video conferencing. The Vidyo™Conferencing platform offers a range of innovative video conferencing options to support government initiatives such as improved interagency collaboration and information sharing, enhanced training and distance learning programs, operational continuity, and telework.
- *** Free Online Training on Thursday, August 8, 2013: How to Transform Traditional Conferences and Training in Government ***
- Groups: e-Learning, Alliance for Government Virtual Engagements Community of Practice, Knowledge Management in Government, Instructional Systems Design,