Edwin L Wriston
Participant

Hello all!… I am Edwin “Bo” Wriston, Director of the Office of Emergency Services (OES) for Wirt County, WV. We are the smallest county population-wise in West Virginia, with just over 5,800 in the entire county, and have the smallest county budget at just over $1.1Million per year.

I am a former US Navy Combat Photographer, having served 3 overseas tours, including Combat Camera Iraq in 2009. Additionally, I have been involved in the professional photography industry for over 20 years.

Earlier in life, I was a Federal employee, serving as both a USPS Clerk and then Postmaster in WV, then serving as Postmaster for the US Naval War College in Newport RI for a period of 6 years.

Much of my time is spent volunteering, including leading the local Wirt County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program, as well as serving as the regional Public Information Officer (PIO) for the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional CERT program. I also serve as PIO for the WV Type III Incident Management Team (IMT) for the West Virginia Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (WVDHSEM).