Curtis Ferrell
Participant

Hello! My name is Curt Ferrell. I am the Program Officer/Communications Liaison for the Indiana Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

I was born on January 20, 1962 in Southwestern Ohio, and grew up in Southwestern Michigan. I have lived and worked in Florida, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.

I have had a multi-disciplined educational foundation with an emphasis on technology and the arts. I have studied at Anderson University, and Ohio Institute of Technology. I was also a student of radio and TV production while at Western Michigan University. In addition, I have studied and worked with several highly respected and award winning professors, thinkers and artists.

I have a proven 30-year track record for excellence in multiple and diverse fields of employment. In addition, I’m trained in interpersonal relationship dynamics with a demonstrated skill in conflict resolution.

While in the business sector, I held such positions as General Manager of two Radio Shack stores, Quality Control Manager, Project Supervisor/British Petroleum, Safety/HAZMAT Manager, and Plant Supervisor of a large building graphics company and automotive supplier. In those roles I developed good working relationships with representatives of GM, Cadillac, Honda, and BP. Even after I left the Detroit-based automotive supplier, I was asked to work as a consultant to lead the company in a transition from traditional manufacturing to Just-In-Time production.

I also spent eighteen years in full-time, paid ministry as an associate pastor in Holland, Michigan and New Castle, Indiana. I am a published writer and songwriter, and recognized domestically and internationally as an effective worship leader. I have been executive producer of several CD recording projects and accompanying songbooks, and have also orchestrated several songs for worship band settings. I have extensive artist relations experience, and am skilled in stage sound and lighting. I am a member of the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP) and have led training sessions in Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Indonesia.

Most recently I was a calibration laboratory technician on the northeast side of Indianapolis. My wife and I have two daughters and reside in New Castle, Indiana. Curt and his family have lived in Indiana for 15 years. His interests vary from politics and genealogy, to black-and-white movies and culinary experimentation (which usually produces a messy kitchen but tasty treats).

Being a student of history and having eighteen years in full-time ministry, I bring a unique perspective on engaging faith-based organizations in partnership with each other as well as with government agencies.