Grant Millin
Participant

This is great.

First, I’d like to say how refreshing the GovLoop Guide “Innovating at the Point of Citizen Engagement” is. I live in Asheville, NC and the public energy here isn’t well managed. No one wants to be managed, and yet setting up some flows and receptacles for public energy has got to be part of the solution.

I’m seeing more reports like the above GovLoop example. It’s great that the civic unmet needs are getting a treatment. I think that by showing the ‘way out’ in terms of solutions to poor civic engagement and government solutions, it will give politicians who don’t deserve a role in government more and more rationale to get out of the game.

I am rolling out the North Carolina Innovation and Opportunity Ecosystem (NC IOE) as a public service of my management consulting firm, InnovoGraph LLC. I have an interdisciplinary studies independent degree in Sustainability and Security Studies and a Master of Entrepreneurship and Master of Project Management degree. I’ve done a government continuity of operations project and was the North Carolina project manager for the 2008 Hydrogen Road Tour. I was in the Navy too.