Phyllis I. Behrens
Participant

I am Phyllis Behrens, Ph.D. I’m an academic based in Wichita Falls, TX. I devote summers to research which is often conducted in other states and is anticipated to eventually lead me towards Halifax and Orkney areas. I worked as a non-residential real estate analyst in the 1970s and 1980s, for the FDIC during the S & L (Thrift) crisis of the 1980s, and ran a small non-profit in the 1990s. In the mid-1990s I transitioned to the Academy. Between August and May each school year, I teach six graduate classes of hopeful public and health administrators and am very much involved with my home institution. I grew concerned when my students did not pounce on opportunities presented by sites such as Young Government Leaders because my own Texas Tech M.P.A. cohort longed for resources such as that. So, coming upon the GovLoop link on the Public Manager website several times, I decided to explore. After being accepted into membership here, I began reading page one of the community’s introductions. After about ten pages I decided to go to the end and read from the last to the first. I got to page 239. I am impressed by the abundance of talent here and delighted by the chance this community presents to stay aware of public service issues as well as to better understand how government works. You can add me on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pibehrens.