Reply To: Why Can’t Organizations Keep High-Performing Teams Working Consistently?

Home Forums Leadership and Management Why Can’t Organizations Keep High-Performing Teams Working Consistently? Reply To: Why Can’t Organizations Keep High-Performing Teams Working Consistently?

Hannah Moss
Participant

Having managed a truly stellar team in the past, I found I constantly had to remind myself that simply because they were great at their job didn’t mean I should give them every task that they could do. Many managers have the propensity to give the toughest or most important projects to the highest performing teams. This is a pretty logical habit, but piling every difficult task onto a great team can lead to burnout and, occasionally, resentment over workload compared to less proficient coworkers. Providing channels for your employees to comfortable discuss workload and distribution can help mitigate this effect, but the onus is ultimately up to the manager to make sure they are leveraging the effective team without leaning too heavily on them.