Amanda Blount
Participant

This is going to sound kind of corny, but here is my two cents. How would I grow Govloop?

Steve should look at his company as a child. You bring this child into the world, and you have many plans already in your mind on how you want to raise this child. You figure out what type of parent you want to be, what kind of home you want to make for your child, and you set up a successful plan (with many great ideas from friends). BUT, then reality hits, your child comes home from school wanting to be an actor instead of a computer engineer, your child screams and crys, and they tell you they don’t like you at all, but through it all, you still stick with the plan — but with a little flexability. You watch your child grow, and you learn what works for one child does not work for another. You learn that the best laid plans need to be looked over once or twice a year, and maybe even changed all together. And to the surprise of all, you have to figure out a way to pay the bills for this child. I mean, having 20,000 friends are no good if you can’t send you child to college. You have to make big decisions with this child that not everyone is going to like, BUT in the end it is yours and yours alone. You do the best you can for all of those around you, and you hope that the people who really believe in what you are doing will be there to help you raise the baby…. and be there to baby sit when you go off to conferences. 🙂

If I were Steve, I would look around and realize this is the best time of my life. I may never get this oppurtunity again. This is it. Grab on and hold on for the ride. I would also know I do have people, some I have never met, who will be there through the up and downs of growth.

Hey, your baby is only 1 1/2 years old! Your baby has not even hit the terrible two’s yet!