Henry Brown
Participant

Amanda:

Welcome to the Rocket city….

Because this is ONE of NASA’s primary sites and DOD has a MASSIVE presence here, Just about every chain hotel has a presence here but MY PERSONAL recommendations for lodging would be
1.Extended Stay Inn on Governor’s House dr
2. La Quinta Inn Research Park
3. Best western Exit 14B.

NIGHT life is almost NON-existent here, at least at this time, on the horizon are 2 “nightclubs” but….

Eating places are rather varied. The US Chamber of Commerce a year or so declared that Huntsville has the MOST restaurants per capita in the US.

MOST of the usual “chain restaurants” have a presence here and there are probably 15 or 20 mini-chains (3 or 4 restaurants in the SE) which are available for local dining.

There are 3 or 4 “local” German restaurants in town (left over from the German presence right after WWII

There are 4 or 5 “local” Japanese restaurants, due to the presence of a Toyota plant

Having spent some time in Texas, I am NOT overly impressed with either the Mexican food nor barbecue offered here

MY personal choice is the local “bistro style” restaurant which I will list some of them in NO specific order

1. D&L Bistro
2. 801 Franklin
3. Bistro De Ville
4. Pauli’s Bar & Grill
5. Chef’s Table
6. Luciano’s
8. Berlin Cafe
9. Cotton Row

If you are interested send me an email and I will get back to you “offline” with more details