Kathleen Smith
Participant

Being a veteran (Marine) owned company, ClearedJobs.Net has quite a few things planned today, after a very busy Marine Corps 234th Birthday bash yesterday.

We have learned over the years, that a simple thank you and acknowledgment of a veterans’ service is what is most welcome. Big fanfare doesn’t seem to sit well with veterans who remember their sacrifice and the sacrifice their families endured while they served. Veterans also remember those that they lost and those that are still in harm’s way. I find it more respectful to take a moment to try to understand the price a veteran has paid for our freedom and say a heartfelt “thank you for your service”.

As a company we are getting our riding team ready to head out to California to ride and volunteer for the Wounded Warrior EOD Bike ride from Camarillo to Pt. Mugu. The ride will be 200 miles and the riders will include veterans and active military along with 10 wounded warriors who will be riding.

My day will be spent honoring those in our community who are veterans on Twitter – many who are overseas=- and reaching out to others in the milblogging community.

Finally my day started by making a nice breakfast for my husband, a veteran. We met in the Haight Ashbury 15 years ago and he has taught this California girl many things about the military and veterans. I am very thankful for him and what he has taught me.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.
Kathleen