Annece Perry
Participant

My Christmas Traditions are three days long, Get your coffee.
On Christmas Eve I go to Mass and then over to friends for a fabulous seafood dinner. A neighbor collects wines from all over the world, so we do wine tasting as we track Santa on Norad. We had wine from Australia, France, Italy & Chile. When Santa crosses the Atlantic we video the children putting out the cookies for Santa & carrots for the reindeer. And then we all rush home to get to sleep before Santa gets to our homes.
Christmas day is spent with my husbands family full of great food, basketball games & the annual pool tounament with my nephews. I’m “Just a Girl” but I am always in first or second place.
And for the first day of Kwanza I am always in Philly with my best friends, Several years ago when the cost of college, bills, gas and life got to be difficult. We started a Potluck Dollar Store gift exchange party. There are about 20 of us, we all go to various Dollar Stores all year searching for the best 20 items, but it has to only cost $1. So everyone brings their dish and 20 gifts numbered one through twenty. When we arive we all take a number (one through twenty). By number we all take turns telling each other what we are thankful for this year and what we are looking forward to in the next year. Then we go get all the gifts with our number. It is really fun and you’d be surprised at the really kool things your get. This year my favorite gift is a book light. I ride a commutor bus into DC at 6:00 A. M. So the light will be great with my Kindle!
Thanks for asking Steve, I think I really have a lot of great traditions to be thankful for.