Tracy Kerchkof
Participant

I’m really struggling with this right now, as are most people I know who are my age. We all got out of college and are working in jobs that just…aren’t satisfying. But I have a degree in Ag Engineering, because everyone and every test I took said I would be good at engineering, and I did really well in the classes. After doing some engineering interships in college, I found I really didn’t like the actual engineering. I got interested in public policy and thats what I’m pursuing right now, but I’m not sure this is the right fit either.

I keep reading advice about this that says, just find what you are passionate about and do that. What would I rather be doing while I’m at work? Dancing. except, I’m not great at it. Cooking, Baking and gardening. Again, I’m not great at any of these things, I just picked them up so I’m slowly learning and experimenting on my own. Everyday I find a new cool idea or concept that I wish I could learn more about. I just, I don’t know what I’m passionate about. Other than learning. But you can’t get paid for learning, you pay for it!