Great topic, Erica! 3-4 years ago, I bought a mountain bike. There are tons of great MTB trails in NC, and the only comparable thrill to riding the trails as an adult was the joy of jumping on my bike when I was a kid and riding around the neighborhood. As soon as the weather gets warm enough, I can't wait to take the bike out for a spin. Because it makes me feel like a kid again.

The other thing that has brought my life full circle was the fact that I started out my "career" thinking that I wanted to be a Catholic priest. I went to seminary for a year in preparation, but left for a variety of reasons. But I feel like being the GovLoop Community Manager is more of a vocation, having many of the same elements of being a pastor and evangelist. My role is really one of making sure that members grow in their careers by connecting and collaborating with colleagues. And I want to "bring more people into the fold" - as the community burgeons, it's value becomes even greater to members due to the diversity of perspectives and that number of resources that we all bring to the table.

Eager to hear how others have found that their lives have taken a circuitous path, returning them to their "first loves."