Mark Hammer
Participant

I suspect I'd finally get around to making out a will, instead of putting it off. Not sure if I'd get the air conditioning on the car fixed or not. It's been on the fritz for 5 years already, so what's another 5? Plus that's 2 grand to put towards something else, like charity. Couple of chores around the house I've been meaning to get to, and some projects I started on 15 years ago that need to finally be finished. After helping a hobby-buddy's widow dispose of the accumulated contents of their basement (a task that, 2 years on, is still far from over), I think I'd need to organize and identify my own holdings for my family to squeeze some money out of. As my wife put it, "She has you to help. I would have nobody.". That's the trouble with obscure hobbies that have value only the expert eye can identify. I might take the opportunity to reprimand my senior management, but continue to come in to work; squirming is good for them. I'd probably write a lot more letters to the editor, AND send them in. Somewhere in the last year, I'd make sure to have a bowl/piece of some of the things I had to give up 13 years ago when I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes.

Yep, that's about it.