Denise Petet
Participant

I have the 5 inch archos tablet. If I try to surf with it Opera crashes frequently. You have to buy a 30 dollar dock to gain any AC charging ability (other than through a USB), another 30 dollar plug in to play MPEG videos.(This is on top of the 300 dollar original price tag) The widgets you can access for it are all but useless…about the only thing I really like about it is the 250 gig HD that I can dump a lot of stuff on and not mess with it.

If I hadn’t have gotten it through the mail, I would have taken it back. Or, in hind sight, saved my money and put it towards an iPad.

I’ve looked around the Archos forum, looking for help with it, and see a LOT of people in the same boat as me, regretting their purchase and quite often stuck with a device that dies in a few weeks/months and a company that refuses to stand behind their stuff…..I just don’t trust the company’s products.

Glad it works for you. Archos is like Compaq is to me (what little Compaq still exists)…..a product that I deem of inferior quality and not worth the bother.

There are dozens of tablets due to come out in the next few months, so I’m waiting for one of those to hit the magic combo of price and function. My iPod Touch serves me for the time being.