Steve Ressler
Keymaster

Let's not also forget people who are teleworking from home or from stations. It's the elephant in the room. I don't want to hear you washing dishes, your children cooing, music in the background, the television or anything else. I only want to here you and what you have to say.

If you have a cell phone or smartphone and you know that you may get a bad connection please use a landline. If your company offers the latest technolgy e.g. Gotomeeting, Webex, Cisco MeetingPlace, LiveMeeting with a 1-800 number please use it. Please do not conference me in by three-way calling because what happens is that it delays the meeting because the meeting organizer ends up hanging up on someone because it is not done effectively. I don't care if it is just one person....set up the meeting with a 1-800 number because more than likely someone will want to be added to the meeting. Trust me on this.

If your company offers this technology please get trained prior to setting up the meeting. You can have the best presentation but if you can't use the technology your meeting will go nowhere.

Once the meeting is done please provide notes to the attendees within a quick turnaround and next steps to prevent having additional meetings. Don't you hate it when you can't remember what you talked about in the last meeting?!

A great book is Briallant Meetings