Caryn Wesner-Early
Participant

I saw Andrew’s BrainyQuotes citations, and looked to see what else I could find. I thought these were interesting, given the source:

<p>

“What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.”
<p>
“The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.”
<p>
“The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. ”
<p>
<p>
<p>
And some that are not so much about government, as such, as about running for office:
<p>
<p>
“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
<p>
“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.”
<p>
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it. ”
<p>

“The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”

<p>

<p>

Adolf Hitler Adolf Hitler > Quotes