John van Santen
Participant

I believe that person with a BSEE from the University of California, Berkeley took different classes than a person with a BSEE from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, but they both took classes covering the same fundamentals (Ohm’s Law, calculus, physics…). In the sense that the expectations for USG contracting personnel are not widely understood and demand is not pervasive, I believe that there certification for FAC-C/DAWIA is the best model – five standard core courses, same content by all vendors, including DAU/FAI, one or two electives, requirment for so-many continuous learning units annully. I wish that tracking was centralized, so that training pedigrees were traceable and applicable in any agency or defense organization a person ended up working in. My suggestions were (not clearly stated) to be voluntary “love-of-learning” training – to use the academic coursework and apply it to realworld simulation and/or advise realworld procurements (crowdsourcing). The learning comes from the actual procurement proceeding, where a DAU/FAI liason translates actual procurment actions into documented form that participants can follow and can be easily added to an Artificial Intellegence (AI)/Knowledge Management System (KMS) as an online simulation, where the crowdsourced ideas are stored as possible variants but the actual IDP/KO actions are also stored (as ‘the Golden Path”), culminating in the actual result (length of the procurement, the milestones, outputs at each stage, the award, even the management of the contract (corrective actions and termination) – the details need to be masked to prevent identification of the guilty, but this would be a joint effort between agency Acquisition Services and FAI/DAU to develop based on actual procurements – the agency would suffer no increase in workload to allow realtime participation or in creation of the Harvard Business Review (HBR) case-study/simulation.

While I read Acquisition 2.0, I don’t participate and it is more about philosophy than actual procurements.