I not only think that they should use social media, but I think it is essential for several reasons:
- To keep up on the latest events in Congress, White House, and other government sites.
- To maintain professional competence and keep up with new techniques.
- To maintain communications with customers (employees).
- To provide customers/employees updates on new programs, policies, and practices.
- To network with other HR professionals.
When other HR professionals tell me that they are not using social networks, I automatically assume that they don’t care about their professional development or their customers, who are all on social networks.