My own organization does not have a defined culture, but is an amalgamation of separate cultures. I have to say that I envy Zappos, which has a solid culture built on 10 Zappos Family Core Values. They publish a “Culture Book” each year, which is full of quotes from employees about how they live these core values. Truly inspiring!
Check it out at the Zappos Family Core Values website, including a video of Tony Hsieh, the Founder and CEO.
Culture: establish “committable core values”…
Every employee is asked to live & breathe the core values and inspire the culture in others.
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and a Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More with Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble