You should have gotten an email with it but most have never made it there for ya.
To simplify I’ll include it below:
When you signed up, we promised you a “Career Fair Prep Kit.” Below is a compilation of career guides, discussions and tips that should have you and your resume ready to rock come February 28th!
- How to Find, Land, Keep and Leap in Your Government Career: This guide walks you through the entire government job process – everything from where to start looking to brushing up your resume to advancing once hired. It’s all in this guide.
- 5 Tips for Job Seekers: What Recruiters Don’t Want You to Know: Knowing the mindset of the people who pull the hiring strings is important when you are looking to be hired.
- Extreme Makeover: Government Resume Edition: This slide deck comes from a 2012 GovLoop training. Sadly, the archive isn’t available, but there are still lots of great tips on the slides.
- Rock Your Resume: Getting Started Guide: Did you know GovLoop has a whole section of its site dedicated to federal resumes? Here’s the best and easiest way to implement tips from that section.
- 10 Traits of a Great Government Leader: Getting into government is one thing, but once you are in here is how you brand yourself as a leader and someone who can climb the ladder.
- Do You Meet the Requirements of the Jobs You Apply For? The government has way more hoops to jump through than the private sector. This post will help you easily see what jobs work for you and stop you from spinning your wheels on the rest.
- Happiness is a Balance: A Framework for Success: Whether it’s government work or any job, being happy matters. Check out how some simple strategies can keep a smile on your face in the office.
- 5 Tips to Find a Policy Job: Want to influence policy? It can be harder than it looks. Here are 5 tips to get your foot in the door.
- 9 Tips on USAJOBS for MPA/MPP Students: Getting that first gov gig can be the hardest. Learn 9 ways you can leverage your new degree into public service work.
- How To: Find Your Next Federal Job Via Our New Jobs.GovLoop.com: USAJOBS can be confusing. Never fear! GovLoop has its own job site that allows you to see federal jobs under the microscope, searching them through a Google Maps mashup, “Best Places to Work” data and LinkedIn connections.
We hope this compilation of guides, blogs and resources usefully in getting you ready to put your best foot forward at the GovLoop Virtual Career Fair on February 28th at 11AM EST.