EH Rice

Bluntly, any modern, and some not so modern, societies are based upon spin. I ask, why do kids want to go to McDonalds or Chucky Cheese? Is it that their products are better, no, it’s because of spin. Why do certain people win elections and others don’t? Spin!!! When something bad happens, what’s the first thing that is done? Damage Control (older version of Spin). How does Kim Jong-un stay in power? Spin (and a good secret police)! It seems that everyone puts spin into everything. And lately, everything I read I ask what angle is the spin coming from. Shutting down White House tours? Spin (make it hurt), taking spring brake in the Bahamas? Spin. And, then there are Spin Doctors, who can use spin to surgically achieve the end results. And, then why not a Agency of Spin. What was it one government called it….oh yest the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda [Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda or Propagandaministerium]. I guess that will be the next Agency. Department of Information, Public Relations, and Enlightenment for Citizens, and give them a huge IT budget (for BIG data), some police powers, and exempt them under the National Security clause from certain parts of the Constitution. I have never been told to lie, but I have been told to keep my mouth shut about the truth and what really went on, while in the briefings I hear things spun all over the place.