Mark Hammer
Participant

I know we asked people if they were teleworking, for several cycles of the Canadian equivalent of the FEVS, and we also asked a number of questons about trust in management, but unfortunately telework (yes/no) was not examined as one of the variables to be cross-tabbed with the attitudinal items. I know it could be done, but I don't have easy access to the microdata, or else I'd be able to answer your question for you right here and now.

What I can say, from a quick scan of posted results is that, at least in our context, telework:

- is no more likely for men than for women,

- is not age-related,

- tends to occur most often in the upper mid-level salary bands,

- is more likely for those with more education (especially if >B.A.),. and not unexpectedly amongst what we label as the "scientific and professional" category (which includes lawyers, as well as psychologists, chemists, meteorologists, veterinarians, etc.)

- is more likely for some occupational groups than others; e.g., patent examiners, translators, meteorologists, dieticians, and folks working in the physical sciences, all show noticeably higher leves of uptake than other types of positions

- somewhat more common at HQ or major hubs

- is a little more common amongst mid-career folks than amongst recent hires or long-tenure folks

- is more common amongst persons with disabilities than those without