I would tend to agree with you, but is that just because:
– priorities have shifted in spite of a shifting landscape, or
– a shifting landscape compels this shift in emphasis
– because of the type of work more people now do,
– because of the instability of organizations,
– because of the inclusion of more stakeholders
– because of the increasing heterogeneity within organizations
I suspect the answer to these questions are to be found in the examination of those places where soft skills still count for diddley squat…the way they always did…and I imagine those places exist, even though many of us may not work in them.