286215

#180549

Terrence Hill
Participant

Good points! If we ever start hiring again, agencies should take notice. I have not seen very creative uses of social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for recruitment purposes. I also think that the all-important interview could be held using web-conferencing technology (e.g. Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts, etc.). Technology also plays a part in the on-boarding process, which can start even before the employee officially starts working. I agree with the "two-step" process to save time. It would be nice if we had one government-wide talent management system to ensure a consistent interface with USAJOBS. Technology is about 80% of the solution. The other 20% is getting selecting officials fully engaged in the process.