At ICMA we spend a lot of time thinking about how to generate traffic to spread the local government message. I went ahead and put together a list of some of the great social media-related resources we have on our site for you.
- Nearly all local governments have a social media presence, and in “Eighty-four Percent of Local Governments Have a Social Media Presence,” you can learn all about the favorite social media practices of ICMA members.
- “Connecting through Social Media”: This article discusses tactics for engagement on social media platforms.
- “Social Media and Citizen Engagement” relays lessons on social media through the discussion of a webinar on social media.
- The “Social Media for Local Government: Unleash the Potential and Avoid the Pitfalls” webinar teaches all about connecting with your community through social media best practices.
- “2 Social Media Stories Your Government Needs to Hear” offers lessons about how, once implemented, social media strategies can be used as tremendous tools for local government.
I really hope that these resources help! Feel free to reach out to the ICMA Knowledge Network with any more local gov innovation questions.
Community Engagement Manager, Knowledge Network