1% tax on all bank transactions???

Home Forums Miscellaneous 1% tax on all bank transactions???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Hill 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Julie Marquis
    Participant

Has anyone heard (or better yet, CONFIRMED) this new HR 4646 under the Debt Free America Act of 2011 – a ”transaction fee” that is proposed to go into effect after the November elections?? This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution – banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged. ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction. Any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.

Please advise!!

Denise Hill
    Participant

Yikes!!! I need to research. I may need to start hiding my $ under my mattress. (That $ is based on the $$$$$ scale).

Anonymous

Wow!!! Well we do have the option of utilizing credit unions… Or does it also apply to them?

Robert Bacal
    Participant

accurate or not about this tax unless taxes are raised progressively the usa is done as a world power.

John Evans
    Participant

According to snopes.com, this is a mixture of true and false information. While such legislation has been introduced, it is a pet cause of one particular Representative, and has little or no chance of passage. The proverbial tempest in a teapot.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.