April 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm #97943
TS with Full Scope Poly REQUIRED
1) Ft. Meade
2) Arlington, Va.
Provide technical expertise in database design, development, performance tuning and maintenance on very large databases (VLDB).The ideal candidate would be responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of enterprise databases; testing and applying Oracle release updates; monitoring, managing, and maintaining backup and recovery schedules for database servers using RMAN and Netbackup; and design and maintain data access control policies using Oracle Label Security (OLS). The job also entails monitoring database performance and working with other team members to remove bottlenecks and improve overall performance, enforcing database policies and procedures, providing database administration for developers and team members, managing database design and partitioning, and developing procedures and scripts for deployment.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics and/or
8 + years hands on database engineering experience
* 4 plus years of PL/SQL development experience
* Experience working with 24×7 systems and VLDB (very large databases)
* Experience with UNIX, Linux, NT Operating Systems
* Experience with Oracle 9i, Oracle’s Recovery Manager, Label Security, Enterprise Manager, performance and tuning packs, data partitioning, database design, data modeling
* RAC experience
Interested Candidates: please email [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.