Adobe Connect and GovLoop? Could be fantabulous for collaborative space.

Home Forums Technology Adobe Connect and GovLoop? Could be fantabulous for collaborative space.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Annette Butler 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Joshua Salmons
    Participant

Given that feature creep is a problem (adding more and more shiny objects so that the site become a gaudy, glitzy mess that’s unusable)…

…what about exploring the use of a tool like Adobe Connect? I don’t even know if it’s possible to get something like that shoehorned into GovLoop without leaving Ning.

I’m always hearing people say there’s no place for us to get together and bat around ideas, short of shelling out major cash for conferences. Un-conferences are great, but a little infrequent, especially with people’s work schedules.

Defense Connect Online (https://www.dco.dod.mil), and other sites, I realize, use Adobe Connect. I absolutely love it. I can set up impromptu meetings, have webinars, invite live discussions, have white board areas so people can contribute…all sorts of stuff.

Adobe is big into OpenGov. I wonder if they’d be willing to work with an emerging dominant entity like GovLoop? And Adobe Connect is Adobe, so it’s streamlined, easy to use and compliant with a lot of magic IT stuff. Even at my technologically antiquated workplace, we can use it, video chat and all, with little fuss.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.