Advice on how to find federal agencies in regions: SF Bay, Seattle

Home Forums Careers Advice on how to find federal agencies in regions: SF Bay, Seattle

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Benjamin M. McGuire 8 years ago.

• Author

Susan Neva, MPA
    Participant

I’m interested in finding lists of agencies in the SF Bay area and Seattle / Washington state areas.

As a newbie to the Federal government world, even though I have an MPA and now some government work experience, I’m finding it challenging to figure out how to navigate the system to target the types of positions and agencies I’m interested in. Yes, I have started reading books on How to Get a Federal Job and have seen the Partnership for Public Service website.
    I’m interested in management / program analysis, evaluation and evaluation capacity building, writing and research, and procurement.
    Any tips or leads would be greatly appreciated.
    Susan Neva, MPA

Benjamin M. McGuire
    Participant

Good Luck!

Hi Susan – Have you checked out your local Federal Executive Board? I’ll bet they have a list of the local agencies. We also have a group on GovLoop for SF/Bay Area folks.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Did you find any other answers? I’d like to build these resources on GovLoop as they may be hard to find..Can you post any you find?

Ari Herzog

Your best shot is through local Federal Executive Board offices. See the master list at http://www.feb.gov/locations.asp

Tim McManus
    Participant

Check the blue pages of the local phone book. Agencies with a local presence will be listed there. You may also want to check out fedscope.opm.gov. I don’t think FedScope drills down to the local level but you can at least see agencies and occupations by state.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.