After receiving an offer letter, how long did it take you to receive a start date?

Home Forums Human Resources After receiving an offer letter, how long did it take you to receive a start date?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Natia Johnson
    Participant

After an interview, I normally receive an offer letter within a week from the interview date. I am just wondering how long it will take before I get a start date.

Please feel free to share how long the hiring process has been for you in your current government position or previous position.

Thank you.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Usually it’s 1-2 weeks but occasionally it can be longer if there’s issues going on internally (like trying to get new office space so have desks for folks, huge project is due in 3 weeks and want people to start right after but so busy that havent reached out)

Natia Johnson
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I am hoping to receive a start date before the end of the month. The position is a promotion within the agency that I currently work for… just in a different location. So, hopefully it will not take long.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.