April 1, 2010 at 6:53 pm #96556
Patty De Anda GatesParticipant
LAC seeks Air Sovereignty Alert & Air Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME)
with background in Air Force support to civil authorities during large-scale
natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, floods, wild land fires, and
blizzards. Must have at least three years of Air Force Homeland Defense
experience in the above areas. Position located at Pentagon. Active
Secret Clearance required.
- Develop and update overarching US Air Force Homeland Defense and Civil Support CONOPS.
- Analyze lessons learned from previous and ongoing Homeland Defense/Security air operations and
recommend corrective actions.
- Assess the relevance of existing Air Force Homeland Defense air roles, missions, and capabilities and
recommend courses of action.
- Analyze Air Sovereignty Alert proposals and make recommendations on employment and resourcing of HD
assets and associated support facilities.
- Liaise with Air National Guard and air component commands in order to effectively advocate positions on air operations
to the Air Staff.
- Evaluate options for future Homeland Defense air roles, missions, and capabilities.
- Participate as SME during annual Operational Availability studies, Air Force involvement in Maritime
Homeland Defense, and the definition of the Distributed Mission Operation
- Masters Degree
- Active Secret Clearance
- USAF rated officer experience as an O-5 or O-6 at the Wing or Major Command level. Command or operations
officer experience in a flying unit assigned an air sovereignty alert
- Must have first-hand Operation NOBLE EAGLE Air Sovereignty mission experience. Background in homeland air
and cruise missile defense, and USNORTHCOM joint task forces (e.g. Air
Force interfaces with Joint Force Headquarters for the National Capitol
Region and joint Task Force-Civil Support).
- Background in Air Force support to civil authorities during large-scale natural disasters such as Hurricane
Katrina, floods, wild land fires, and blizzards. Must have at least
three years of Air Force Homeland Defense experience in the above areas.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/duUQys
Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values
diversity in the workforce.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.