Any agencies out there using custom Facebook tabs to drive subscriptions?

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Any agencies out there using custom Facebook tabs to drive subscriptions?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jennifer Kaplan
    Participant

As we all know, the roll out of Facebook timeline has eliminated the potential for custom landing pages to drive subscriptions, promote initiatives, etc. The private sector got a head start on creating custom tabs as a solution, and I’m particularly interested in using those tabs to drive email subscriptions. Are any cities, counties, state and/or federal agencies doing this already? I’d love to see samples!

Here is a homepage example from Guess USA:

Here is their embedded sign-up:

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Pretty cool – I think some of federal public health FB pages have ’em

Rick Stilwell
    Participant

With Timeline you can’t set an automatic “look at this tab first” setting – but you can still use the URL to a tab. So in your example above, if you go to the GUESS page you’ll see the whole page and not just that tab. But, if they want to share the Sign Up tab as a URL, they can embed that in their marketing and users will click straight into the tab. So you can still do it – just won’t be automatic for all visitors, but can still be used to drive traffic with the URL from elsewhere.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.