Anyone going to SLA in DC next week?

Home Forums Leadership and Management Anyone going to SLA in DC next week?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nora Stoecker 8 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Kim Schultz
    Participant

The Special Libraries Association is having their Centennial conference celebration in DC June 14-17. Will any GovLoop members be in attendance?

I will be presenting a paper there, “Federal Government Information Goes Social? Inspiration from Change.gov” on Tuesday June 16 at 9:30am.

I would like to invite all GovLoop SLA attendees to the event!

Kim

Nora Stoecker
    Participant

I’ll be attending SLA – looking forward to it!! As usual, too many great-sounding sessions competing with one another. My current pick for 9:30 Tuesday is “Competitive Intelligence and the Government Librarian”, but had noted your session as well. It’s tough to decide.

On Monday I’ll be providing some volunteer assistance at a morning session titled “Think Tanks’ Contribution to Government Information”. Also planning to attend an afternoon session on “Knowledge Management in Washington” — but again, many conflicts with other interesting-sounding sessions so willl play it by ear 🙂

Kim Schultz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Nora! I’m excited for conference as well…will be my first one. I know there are so many interesting sessions and with the no-conflict time for the exhibits lots of competing programs. I had hoped to attend the Think Tanks and Knowledge Management sessions on Monday but I’ll be holding down the fort at work so that I can attend Tues-Weds.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I will not be personally attending but would love to hear about how it goes. I’d love if you could post a blog or two on GovLoop (or just a quick note) to keep us informed with all the great info you are learning.

Peggy Garvin
    Participant

Congrats on getting your paper accepted! C U @ SLA.

Tiffany Smith
    Participant

I’ll be there to moderate a “Knowledge Management without Borders” panel featuring fantastic GovLoop members Karen Huffman and Peter Hobby. It’s at 7 AM on Wednesday, but we’ll make it worth waking up for!

Kim Schultz
    Participant

I would say the SLA Centennial conference was a hit! You can find real-time updates from the conference via Twitter by searching #sla2009. Many of the sessions handouts are provided free online here as well as the full-text of the Contributed Papers available here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.