Applying out of State

Home Forums Careers Applying out of State

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Cynthia Hinkle
    Participant

Lately I have been applying for jobs that are out of state. I know that this makes the search a little harder, but I want to go from the Cleveland market to the DC market. I am hoping by reaching out there may be someone who has done this and has tips on how to land a job out of state. Also, if any one knows of a great Federal Government organization looking for talented young professionals I would love to discuss this further.

Faith
    Participant

I feel your pain. After a tough time in Michigan, I can't seem to catch a break. It seems my having a masters has been a pain as employers constantly tell me I'm "over-qualified" on every end. I hope your luck changes soon!

Cynthia Hinkle
    Participant

Yes I have been told I am "Over-qualified", don't make it too far in the decision process, or never hear back. I am going to try working with the Cleveland market some more. Maybe I can get something else here to help me in the future. Good luck also!!

Faith
    Participant

Thanks, I'm gonna need it. I spent one year as a caregiver to my grandmother and mother. They both passed ten days apart. It has been an uphill journey trying to get employment with anyone let alone government. I am sure things will turn in your favor soon. I am hoping the same for myself. Take care and be strong 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.