Are there any government agencies out there on Google+ ?

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Are there any government agencies out there on Google+ ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence Hill 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jennifer Kaplan
    Participant

Back in August, some GovLoop users advised organizations to wait. It’s been more than 6 months now, have any of your agencies pulled the trigger? Or, have you talked about developing a strategy?

I’d love to hear about your experience, or how you are using it as a tool for citizen (or internal) outreach.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Of course you know that the White House has been on Google+ for some time now and has held a couple “Hangout” sessions, which are really cool! Their site sort of mirrors their Feacbook site. I guess they want to be impartial and reach a wider audience. It’s fairly easy developing material for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Ori Hoffer
    Participant

GSA is still working on developing a governmentwide TOS agreement with G+, I think many agencies are waiting until that is completed to go forward.

Jennifer Kaplan
    Participant

Agreed! I found the Department of State and Department of Defense are on there as well. For state agencies, it seems like a great spot for Fish & Games, Departments of Natural Resources, etc. to share content. I absolutely love that Nevada Department of Wildlife posts photos submitted by citizens, what a great engagement tactic!

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

That seems to be the issue most agencies are facing from the folks I’ve spoken to as well.

Glenn Batuyong
    Participant

Port of San Diego (early stages)… we need some time as we’re a small staff stretched over several communities.

Steve Cottle
    Participant

There were a few other responses when a similar question was posted in another forum (including NASA and Utah): https://www.govloop.com/forum/topics/who-s-who-on-google-pages

Jennifer Kaplan
    Participant

Thanks Steve! The State of Utah is awesome, they almost post daily! State of Utah Page

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.